Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting

"Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!' The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord." Lamentations 3: 21-26(NLV).

Waiting is not fun. I have been in waiting for quite some time now in my spiritual life. I feel confident what God has planned for me, but right now I hear "Wait." So, I am waiting, which goes against my extremely impatient nature. Not to mention my need to plan and control. That goes with being Type A which is great for my profession, an attorney; however, can be excruciating in other facets of my life.

I pray for faith, patience, endurance, and hope. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you,' says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NLV).

No comments:

Post a Comment